- I met with Marina Zurkov for office hours to discuss my ideas. She gave me artist references to look at: Pat Oleszko , Paul McCarthey, Ann Hamilton, Sophie Taeuber Arp , Hans Arp, Anna Hoch, Max Ernest, Marcel Janco, The Factory Andy Warhol, Allen Kaprow. Marina suggested to get 10 cardboard boxes, and play with designing 10 different experiences inside.
- I spoke with Taeyoon Choi who suggested to look at the work of Lygia Clark, Sara Handren and Jen Rosendilt.
- I scheduled a meeting with Margaret the librarian for Tuesday at 2pm, and tracked books that I want to review in the library’s main collection.
- I scheduled a meeting with Laura (Juo-Hsin Chen) following up on Tom Igoe’s recommendation.
- I learned about masks in African ceremonies and found interesting books that I will look at tomorrow. Learned about the photographer Phyllis Galembo, and found her work very inspiring.
- Talked to Alon Chitayat who suggested that I’ll watch the movie Beauty is Embarrassing and talk to Ithai Benjamin – I watched the movie and reached out to Ithai today.
- visited ARAS and did some research. Found some interesting quotes and thoughts about dreams.
- I played with Papier-mâché and made shapes to put my head inside. one big sphere, and one abstract shape, still needs to be finished. I did however started to get a sense of shapes, creating abstract shapes and thoughts about balancing it on my head. version 1 – version 2
Leave a Reply